Hemos realizado algunas modificaciones especialmente a la forma del robot, utilizando una base de acrílico. Esto influyó en algunos aspectos de la programación los cuales fueron solucionados gracias a la asesoría de Michael.
Esta experiencia es desarrollada en Colombia y pretende ser utilizada con fines académicos en colegios públicos de la ciudad de Bogotá, con la intención de acercar a los estudiantes al mundo de la robótica, la imaginación y la creación
I spent a good chunk of the summer of 2015 building mice. First I taught two workshops at the Anchorage School District's Summer Academy. Then I offered a workshop for teachers at Twindly Bridge Charter School. Thereafter, I offered two workshops through UAA's Summer Engineering Academy. All told, around 60 mice were built. To see what participants thought take a look at the attachments below.
The most important change is the replacement of the Solarbotics Breadboard Voltage Regulator Kit from Jameco. This change was made for the following reasons:
Another major change was the frame.
Nano Mouse 3.0 is also cheaper. See the Bill of Materials for details.
Last but not least, Nano Mouse 3.0 has a much more thorough set of instructions. Along with a video I've included a slide show that walks through each aspect of the circuit.
Some of you may be wondering about version 2. It died in beta (you can thank my students for helping to eliminate that design).
Eleazar Miranda es alumno de ingeniera de computadoras en Puerto Rico. El último semestre (la primavera de 2014) su equipo construyeron un Nano Ratón como el proyecto final de su clase de electrónica. Aunque ellos no terminaron con todo el curso, pudieron programar el robot navegar un laberinto con sólo una ruta. El semestre que viene (el otoño de 2014) quieren mejorar su robot por añadir la habilidad de controlarlo por Bluetooth y programarlo resolver laberintos con más de una ruta y sin salida. También ellos quieren añadir una camera.
Micromouse Robotics module through the Alaska Summer Research Academy. Most of the students had some prior programming experience and a few had also had some prior experience with electronics and even Arduinos. So, it's no surprise that by the end of the module, four were able to figure out how to get their robots to navigate a maze.
Jasper came up with a much faster micromouse design using some DC motors and encoders. I was very impressed and would switch my curriculum over to using his design if it weren't for the increased complexity of the code.
By the end of camp, everyone had fully functional sensors and had implemented proportional control. Most went further and developed obstacle avoidance and labyrinth solving algorithms. One cracked the code and came up with a robot capable of solving the maze! Needless to say I was very impressed. It just goes to show what our kids are capable of.
Micromouse Robotics module through the Alaska Summer Research Academy. It was a lot of work and I definitely missed spending time with my family, but it was also a lot of fun and I got to work with a great group of kids. On the first day, I asked everyone whether they had taken time to work through some freely available online coding resources (code.org) that I had suggested. Almost everyone had completed the entire curriculum!I've been teaching robotics at ASRA for nearly a decade. In all that time, I've never had such a young group learn so much. They delved right in and learned about variables, functions, loops, classes, and more. While the Udemy course certainly helped to make this possible, the module was a success in large part because of my co-instructor Michael Hellings and student intern Jasper Holton. Mr. Hellings tended to help students with their soldering/wiring while Jasper was available to help with programming. Jasper also spent a great deal of time testing out Parallax's new high speed servos and some methods for adding encoders.
All in all, it was a fantastic group which made for a fun class. I look forward to offering it again next year. A big thanks to Kathryn Kurtz for making this happen and to Denise Buchanan for ordering the materials and running to the hardware store and the administrative office to pick up 3D printer supplies. Also a big thanks to Twindly Bridge Charter School for letting me bring soldering irons and various other tools. Last but not least, thanks to ExxonMobil for funding the purchase of the materials and the 3D printer.
1-10 of 11